If a picture is worth 1,000 words, what about a music video? There is a growing library of climate music that includes "science music," "protest music." Perhaps climate music is one way of overcoming the climate change communications challenge for some audiences.
You can also access some of the great climate music out there through the links below.
- 1992 Song For A Dying Planet, Joe Walsh
- 2010 Wolkenfeld_Seven ways to reduce carbon (to the tune of "50 Ways...")
- 2011 Dive In - Dave Matthews Band
- 2011 I'm A Climate Scientist - Extended Version
- 2012 Stevens_The global Warming Song
- 2013 A Song of Our Warming Planet
- 2013 Climate Change Rap 1-Mr. W's Greenhouse Effect Rap
- 2013 Planetary bands, warming world - Music for string quartet
- 2013 Revkin_"Liberated Carbon"
- 2013 Wolkenfeld_Climate Change Rap 3-Disrupt Climate Disruption
- 2014 Impact (The Earth Is Burning)
- 2014 Sing for the Climate
- 2014 The carbon cycle - A musical lecture
- 2014 Young (with Crazy Horse) Who's Gonna Stand Up and Save the Earth
- 2015 Florida is F*cked
- 2015 The soundtrack to COP21. Decades After Paris: a future with climate change, set to music
- 2016 Musical Scalpel_Exxon Knew All Along (song)
- 2016 Musical Scalpel_The Ballad of Pope Francis (song)
- 2017 When The Levee Breaks - Led Zeppelin
- 2019 Lil Dicky - Earth