If a picture is worth 1,000 words, what about a music video? There is a growing library of climate music that includes "science music," "protest music." Perhaps climate music is one way of overcoming the climate change communications challenge for some audiences. The Climatographers have a free eBook “20 Music Videos,” which you can download here.
You can also access some of the great climate music out there through the links below.
- 1992 Song For A Dying Planet, Joe Walsh
- 2010 Wolkenfeld_Seven ways to reduce carbon (to the tune of "50 Ways...")
- 2011 Dive In - Dave Matthews Band
- 2011 I'm A Climate Scientist - Extended Version
- 2012 Stevens_The global Warming Song
- 2013 A Song of Our Warming Planet
- 2013 Climate Change Rap 1-Mr. W's Greenhouse Effect Rap
- 2013 Planetary bands, warming world - Music for string quartet
- 2013 Revkin_"Liberated Carbon"
- 2013 Wolkenfeld_Climate Change Rap 3-Disrupt Climate Disruption
- 2014 Impact (The Earth Is Burning)
- 2014 Sing for the Climate
- 2014 The carbon cycle - A musical lecture
- 2014 Young (with Crazy Horse) Who's Gonna Stand Up and Save the Earth
- 2015 Florida is F*cked
- 2015 The soundtrack to COP21. Decades After Paris: a future with climate change, set to music
- 2016 Musical Scalpel_Exxon Knew All Along (song)
- 2016 Musical Scalpel_The Ballad of Pope Francis (song)
- 2017 When The Levee Breaks - Led Zeppelin
- 2019 Lil Dicky - Earth